[table id=16 /]
This course is designed for active teenage students who like to work hard and play hard.
We realise that for many teenage students, this will be their first visit to the UK, and their first opportunity to use English in a ‘live’ setting. For this reason, the academic part of the course has two main aims:
- to build confidence, vocabulary and fluency inside the classroom
- to practise English in a variety of realistic (supervised) situations with native speakers outside of the classroom.
The course’s activity programme aims to build students’ confidence, social skills and cultural awareness by:
- Learning about British culture in a safe, traditional English setting
- Improving and practising English language skills and spoken fluency with native speakers
- Building leadership and team-working skills in small groups with classmates
- Taking part in a range of adventurous, supervised, outdoor activities and excursions
- 18 hours of English tuition
- 3 supervised afternoon activities (per week)
- 3 supervised evening activities (per week)
- 1 full-day excursion per week
- Minimum stay 2 weeks
- Homestay accommodation available on request
Lessons take place on weekday mornings between 09:30 – 12:50 with a 90 minute afternoon workshop on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons to allow students to focus on individual learning objectives with their teacher.
Out of class, the course aims to introduce students to different aspects of British life, by mixing interesting, cultural visits to places such as Burghley House, Cambridge and London, with exciting outdoor activities such as tobogganing, windsurfing and aqua-zorbing and Stamford’s famous evening ghost walk!
Our activity programme is supervised by responsible adult members of our team, with professional instructors on-hand for some of our more adventurous activities. We have a high adult to student ratio supervising all parts of the programme.
Once a week we have a full-day excursion, to places such as Cambridge, London, Warwick Castle, Sherwood Forest, Stratford-Upon Avon, York, Peterborough and Lincoln.