|Hours per Week:||9 hours|
|Class Size:||Minimum required - 4 per level|
|Minimum age:||18 (16/17 with parental consent)|
|Levels Available:||Elementary (A2), Intermediate (B1)/ Upper-Intermediate (B2)|
|Days & Times:||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 09:30-12:50|
|Class Study Materials:||Provided|
|Optional Home Study Materials:||Available to purchase|
|Exam Fees:||Not included - for fees information, see Cambridge Open Centre|
English – Part Time
Our part-time English course runs from September to June and is intended for people who live and work in and around the Stamford area. Stamford Academy has a long history of running subsidised ESOL English courses for au-pairs and local residents whose first language is not English. In 2014, all external funding for this type of course was withdrawn. However, the directors at Stamford Academy have decided to continue to provide a Part-time course for eligible students at a subsidised annual and termly rate.
At a glance
- Part-time English course for people living and working in Stamford, Peterborough and the surrounding areas
- 9 hours per week
- Minimum two levels available (Elementary A2 and Intermediate/Upper Intermediate B1/B2)
- Pay by term
- Focus on practical language skills.
|Autumn Term:||September 17th – December 14th||£725|
|Spring Term:||January 7th – March 29th||£680|
- EU National or British Visa Resident with ‘Right to Remain’ – passport or ID card required.
- Holds a Family of a Settled Person Visa e.g. spouse. Proof of visa required.
- Proof of permanent address (students residing with host families are not eligible) within Stamford or one of the following post code prefixes (PE, LE, NG, NN) – Proof will take the form of a named utility bill (For example, gas bill, bank statement, mobile phone contract) in the student’s name at a residential address with one of the above post codes or in the case of an au pair, a signed letter from their employer stating proof of address.
- Proof of employment – Signed letter from employer on headed paper or copy of contract.
- National Insurance number (au pairs exempt).
- Enrolments in the first four weeks of any term. No pro rata fees available.
Terms & Conditions
- Students enrolled on our General English 15 course whose circumstances change (i.e. gain residency and employment in the local area and meet the above criteria) within the first four weeks of any term, may switch to our Part-time English course (term/annual course fees apply) after their General English course enrolment has been completed
- Students enrolled on our General English 15 course whose circumstances change (i.e. gain residency and employment in the local area and meet the above criteria) after the first four weeks of any term, will not be eligible for the Part-time English course until the start of the following term
- Once registered, students who are unable to attend classes, will not be entitled to a refund or additional lessons to make up for any lessons missed
- By enrolling on this course, you are committing to study for a minimum of one term or one academic year. No refunds will be issued after the first week of study
- Admission on to the Part-time Course together with interpretations of student eligibility is at the complete and final discretion of Stamford Academy.